So you climbed to the top of the hill at an ad agency. You’re now the director of client services. You have a headshot on your companies about page. But when looking around, you don’t like what you see. A boy’s club with no balls? Jargon jockeys that get spooked at the starting line? Yes-men clinging to their puny plot of power, afraid to risk climbing the next peak? Most will find the last 65 words as too risqué; the right Director of Client services isn’t afraid of the exposure. They have the experience, the talent, the poise under pressure, and the aspiration to help Tattoo Projects summit the next peak.
Tattoo Projects, a woman-run-creatively-driven advertising agency, seeks a Director of Client Services that has the soul of a Sherpa. We reach one peak, and then we set our sights on the next. The right Director of Client Services will have integrated experience: traditional, digital, broadcast, experiential, and social. Their client experience ranges from Fortune 500 to mom and pop, b2b, b2c, and DTC. The right director of client services will be put off by that last sentence that used three acronyms in one sentence.
- Report directly to the CEO/CCO
- Work closely with the owner to assure creative vision and agency DNA is represented in all things.
- Hit the ground running.
- We are obsessed with progress, and we do not celebrate patience.
- This is a player / coach position. You will have your own accounts.
- Direct, motivate, train, and mentor a team of brand advocates.
- They are similar to account executives, but their mandate is to do what’s right for the brand rather than juggle stereotypical agency and client egos.
- Deep understanding of the client’s business
- Establish trust and credibility with clients.
- Frequent client contact and consultation.
- Discoveries: In person or remote.
- Gather SOW, Delivery Date, Asset Request list.
- Briefs: Writing, editing, improving.
- Presenting: Must be prepared, yet conversational. Absolutely no, Stepford Wife presentation styles.
- The right Director of Client Services understands.
- Deck Oversight: Another day another deck to review. Don’t let them be boring.
- Review all materials before client presentations and final production.
- Manage client budgets, scope, and expectations regarding timing, schedules, and process.
- Nurture a culture of proactive business-building ideas for client and agency.
- Partner with internal teams, including Strategy, Creative, Analytics, Social Media, Development, Content & Video, Media and Project Management.
- Work with leadership to create accurate records of client expenditures, time utilization, billing information, client contacts, conference reports, etc.
- Sniff out all organic growth opportunities.
- Work with project management to communicate schedules and obtain the required approvals from client, per project schedule.
- Obtain client approvals.
- Oversee client billing.
- Open and manage non-production estimates, as needed (e.g., fees, travel jobs, presentations, etc.).
- 10 (+) years of experience in Account Management, within a fully integrated advertising agency ideal
- B2B and B2C experience
- Integrated experience: Digital, Broadcast, Traditional, Social.
- Highly organized.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills are required.
- Strong attention to detail
- A chip on the shoulder.
- Entrepreneurial spirit.
- Technologically curious specifically how it can improve process.
- Top of market salary.
- 100% Paid healthcare.
- To apply, please email email@example.com
- Place “Director of Client Services” and your preferred brand of stilettos in the subject line.