The right people for this role are willing, capable, and eager to do three jobs in one role – probably more. On any given day, you will be operating as a content creator, an executive producer, or line-producer/project manager. You have the experience to establish and standardize the production process for all video formats. You have creative curiosity and production flexibility to experiment with new formats and develop new processes on the fly. You have the discipline and perspective to balance budgets vs egos, perfection vs progress, and organization vs speed. Most people reading this will shake their head in disbelief wondering how any one person can succeed at all of these contradictory challenges. A select few are nodding along, confidently muttering, been there, done that, can’t wait to be a part of what Tattoo Projects will do next.
- Master the ability to turn any branded content into a wealth of social assets (clips, gifs, graphics, photos, stories, copy, etc.)
- Work with a wide range and quality of video and static imagery.
- Passion and curiosity to make creative content on all social media platforms – Tweets, TikTok videos, Instagram visuals, and Youtube.
- Proficient in one or all of the Adobe Creative Suite programs and continuously evolving your skills to make social first content: Adobe Creative Suite, mobile creator apps and in app editing (Instagram story creation, TikTok editing etc.)
- Develop and communicate production recommendations.
- A solutions-oriented resource for video production including shooting, editing, and output.
- Procure and negotiate production estimates.
- Coordinate and schedule productions.
- Organize and run pre-production meetings.
- Manage production budgets.
- Review and approve all production-related invoices.
- Manage multiple projects as needed.
- Be client facing as needed.
- Mentor junior producers.
- Advise agency stakeholders in all content production-related matters with creative and budgetary solutions for improving quality.
- Working with Resource Managers to assign workload, monitor capacity and solve team and cross-departmental resourcing issues.
- Create and maintain project/contract burn reports and issue client-facing hour summary documents.
- Estimate jobs within a +/- 10% variance.
- Set schedules and work plans that adhere to agency best practices.
- Modify processes if appropriate and necessary in order to meet delivery requirements.
- Monitor scope changes and document potential impact to budget and timelines.
- Identify project risks and proactively provide solutions to minimize risk.
- Audit project team utilization to monitor workload and ensure accuracy.
- Provide hands-on Project Management duties for complex or high-profile project assignments as necessary.
- Interface with departments across the agency and/or third-party vendors.
- Stay organized—assets, documentation, prioritization and an obsession for taking copious detailed notes.
- Able to see the long-term vision but can spot challenges before they appear.
- Eagerly tackle problems on your own but also know when to ask for help.
- Oversee multiple projects and clients at the same time.
- Provide expertise on filmmaking, photography, image capture, digital platforms and formats.
- Collaborating with our creative and strategy teams to create and manipulate video, photography, social copy, gifs, short clips, streaming stories etc.
- Collaborate to meet rapid turnaround times, capture trending moments, deliver and receive feedback, all while keeping a clear, enthusiastic and proactive attitude towards content creation.
- You are a support system for the team. You understand that all projects have challenges, and all challenges have solutions.
- You are indomitably optimistic and proactive.
- A minimum of 10 years ad agency experience. Production experience is mandatory.
- Knowledge of all agency disciplines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and proactive problem-solving skills.
- Detail-oriented, take-ownership attitude, self-organizing and highly skilled in time management to facilitate involvement in multiple projects
- Able to work independently with limited supervision, and communicate up, down and laterally to project stakeholders within the agency
- You exude confidence and possess a go-getter attitude with zero ego. You go with the flow and can sustain a clear, cool head under pressure, especially when the unexpected occurs.
- You can keep an eye on the bigger picture, without ever losing sight of the small details.
Please email email@example.com, place Director of Video Content in the Subject Line along with your favorite youtube video.